Friday, August 6, 2010

Winter 2009 - Japan - Others

This is the last of my Winter 2009 series. Its just collection of food-related pictures.

Amazing looking mushrooms at Himeiji farmer's market.


Knives at Sakai Ichimonji store on Doguya-Suji arcade in Osaka. Doguya-Suji is a restaurant supplies district clustered with many knife shops.



Famous crab at Dotonbori.


Grilled oysters and oyster farms at Miyajima. Home of the famous Itsukushima Shrine





The most amazing little alley near Shinjuku packed full of yakitori joints. I hate myself for missing out on yakitori while in Japan. The entrance of the alley is near the Uniqlo corner store just outside Shinjuku station. Follow your nose and you won't miss it.



Horse sashimi.


Hand made udon at Roppongi. Easily the best noodle dish I had in the whole trip. Somehow I didn't find any ramen places which I liked better than Marutama.


Sushi train joint in Ueno.







Parting words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment