Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kingfish Sashimi and Tempura

My dad unexpectedly brought a sashimi-grade kingfish fillet back from Sydney, giving me a chance to use my recently acquired vintage ‘Tamahagane’ Yanagi-ba (sashimi slicer). The edge didn’t disappoint though my technique leaves room for vast improvement. I didn’t have much to use in terms of garnish so I had to make do with half a lime and some needle cut cucumbers.


The rest of the fillet was done tempura style with some small prawns with the head left on, onions, shiitakes, red and yellow papers, sweet potatoes and eggplants. My batter? 2 parts all-purpose flour, 1 part Dragon Boat brand Crispy Flour and enough cold beer to get the correct consistency.

2 comments:

  1. ok now i regret encouraging u to start a blog -- IT IS MAKING ME HUNGRY and i cannot nom them!

    PS: when are we having sunday 'brunch' at ur place :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahaha its going to take alot of motivation to get me start cooking on Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete